Criteria for admission to the Network of Universities of Small Countries and Territories-NUSCT
NUSCT is a Europe-based international network that welcomes all public and private higher education institutions that:
- operate in a European small country or territory formally recognised by the United Nations
- operate in a European small country and territory with a population not exceeding 1,000,000 inhabitants
- are recognised and accredited by the government of their country
- are teaching and research universities, in campus-based or online delivery mode
- offer the complete array of university degrees – Bachelors, Masters and PhDs
- have had at least 3 cohorts of graduates
- have rigorous academic and managerial practices
- do not practise gender, racial, religious or social discrimination
are a signatory of the Magna Charta Universitatum Declaration, or, that lacking, commit to begin the process once admitted to the Network.
commit to promote embedding the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) into their student curricular learning outcomes.