9 Rectors and 9 delegates from the 11 university members of the Network of Universities of Small Countries and Territories gathered, onsite and online, on 10 May, 2023, at the University of Lichtenstein, to celebrate the network’s 5th rectors’ annual meeting.
The participants were welcomed by Mrs. Rachel Guerra, Director of the Liechtenstein Office of Education and were addressed by Andrew Deeks, President of the International Association of Universities.
Amongst the most important decisions unanimously taken at the meeting, the following deserve special mention:
- University of Akureyri rector Eyjólfur Guðmundsson was elected 2nd President of the Network of Universities of Small Countries and Territories, effective 11 May 2023;
- the Äland University of Applied Sciences was admitted to NUSCT as its 12th member, thus bringing the Network closer to a complete representation from Europe’s small countries and territories;
- student representatives from member universities will be invited to to attend and inform all future NUSCT Rectors’ Annual Meetings;
- NUSCT members will draft and adopt a network policy on the application and use of Generative Artificial Intelligence, as well as a Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) scorecard;
- NUSCT will draft a declaration on the Ethical Use of Artificial Intelligence;
- NUSCT will assess the viability of becoming a European University Alliance.
The complete list of the decision taken at the meeting can be accessed at this link.