INTRODUCTION TO BLOCKCHAIN, NFTS AND THE METAVERSE
The Department of Digital Innovation, in collaboration with the Institute for the Future (IFF) of the University of Nicosia (UNIC), are pleased to announce the first on-site boot camp on Blockchain and crypto. The boot camp will take place at UNIC premises from the Oct 3- Oct 7, 2022.
The boot camp offers an introduction to blockchain technologies and covers a variety of hot topics such as digital currencies, DAOs, NFTs, the Metaverse and Web3. Overall, it will be a mix of understanding blockchain technologies and discussing the new possibilities that blockchain has to offer to all industries.
The course curriculum, designed by UNIC’s faculty with a duration of 30-hours, has the below objectives:
– To introduce Blockchain technology and describe and understand its technical components including
- Consensus algorithms
- Encryption techniques and hash functions
- Smart Contract
– To explain the peer-to-peer communication paradigm and its advantages over the traditional one
– To familiarize students with main layer 1 Blockchains such Bitcoin and Ethereum
– To introduce decentralized applications and present several use cases
– To introduce CBDCs and DAOs and their associated legal and security risks
– To present NFTs, Web 3.0 (the decentralized Web) and the Metaverse
Language of instruction: English
Admission Requirements: Prior technical knowledge of Blockchain is not required.
Fees: The tuition fee for the boot camp is 350 EUR and it is payable at registration. Tuition Fees are waived for student/faculty/staff of NUSCT Network members.
Contact: For more information and questions regarding the Boot Camp please visit https://www.unic.ac.cy/introduction-to-blockchain-nfts-and-the-metaverse/ or contact Dr Melpo Iacovidou at firstname.lastname@example.org